I cannot stand James Blunt

As a radio announcer, you’re meant to be complimentary to all the songs and artists you play. Unfortunately, every now and then one comes along that gets so overplayed you have to change stations.

My wife says him and his whinging ‘You broke my heart you horrible woman’ lyrics are responsible for the downfall of the manly man and I’m with her 100%. We’ve all been so desperately in love that we’ve scared a potential mate off but he’s wallowing in it!

So hollow.. I’m so hollow.. Get a grip you whiney little shit.

We’ve been talking about this in the show tonight and I’ve had a few people ringing saying that Goodbye my Lover is the song they used for their recently departed family members.


My thoughts are with you if you’ve lost someone recently and I don’t mean to stomp all over your feelings – one thing you’ll learn about me is that I’m pretty ambivalent about this whole death thing cos I’ve seen a reasonable amount of it close hand.

As another caller said, “Play that at my funeral and I’ll haunt you forever!”

Look, as per my previous post on emotional response from the listener I really should pull my head in. Perhaps James Blunt – Goodbye My Lover will become an iconic Butterfly Kisses or a DJ Sammy with the little girl or a Dance with my Father or a Truly Madly Deeply.

Til then I'm turning the volume down in the studio while he's on and trusting the programmers to do the right thing with the music as they trust me to on air.

No comments:

Post a Comment