THAT text message going round

How much time must pass before something truly horrific can have the piss taken out of it?

The Auckland CBD / Suitcase / Asian Apartment joke has been travelling furiously by text for a week or so now and I can still only quickly peep at it before clearing the screen in case someone who may take offence does.

It's funny but I still feel bad for laughing.. F
unny in a Diana way. A Pope way. The way way we laugh at death as a way of dealing with it.

I've always been inappropriate. My favourite death joke is when someone says something about their mum and I say something about mine not doing whatever their mum does and they say why not and I say "Cos she's dead."

It's ok, she's been gone 20 years. I'm used to it.
People who analyse other people will say I do that because I've got unresolved issues or low self esteem. Whatever. Go pay off your student loan before commenting on my mental state.

One of the reasons I started this blog because there isn't a censor. Not that I want to set the world on fire with witty rhetoric, or flame people I can't stand - I didn't do that well at school, I'm not very politically minded and I'm not a jerk.

I see other people writing great stuff and I think, "I don't necessarily agree but man, I wish I had the balls to write that!" Or people who are really, really funny. Then I see people writing EXACTLY what I had a mind to write myself and I think, "Damn, he beat me to it."

Then I start to wonder how I stack up against others in this whole blog thing. A well respected newsreader who wears pink ties told me to promote it on air, I told him that I didn't want to be a wanker.

In the big wide blogosphere of David Farrar or Cactus Kate, or anyone on their mates list, I'm just a minnow. When I move onto greater things, you can say that you read my blog when I was just learning. If I do something good, let me know, and equally, if I say something stoopid, call me on it will ya?

Oh, All the best this ANZAC Day. Lest we forget.

2 comments:

  1. so whats in the text???
    put it up here so we can all see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says, oh, sorry Dave if this gets you in trouble. "You know there's a problem with the inner city apartment situation in Auckland when the Asians start moving into suitcases.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete