Impressions

Maximum respect for anyone who can do impressions or accents. It's a rare skill and one to be applauded, also quite handy in a radio show.

I've got a good Scooby Doo, not a bad Chewbacca, a fairly good bunch of silly voices that can be applied to otters, onions and various other newsworthy flora and fauna. My David Lange needs work and while I can do an Irish accent with the best of them, I can't do anything else from north of the equator without falling back into the Irish.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that my 2 1/2 week old daughter does an excellent Pope impression.


Meanwhile, bit of a change round this week. I get to do the afternoon show. Our afternoon host, Bunty is on leave so we've all shuffled up a place. He has incidentally executed a top piece of work with the new boss by going away, and lending the new boss his car. Fine move that. Wish I'd thought of it. The excellent Nick Logan fills in for me.

I like working days, I get to use Auckland's award winning public transport system. Ahem.

3 comments:

  1. may i be the first to say...thats BRILLIANT!

    (thats me doing my dave smart impersonation.)

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 04, 2006

    Shes adroable!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 14, 2006

    She's adorable! Say hi to Anna for me.. Congratulations to both of you!!!

    Greetings from sunny Finland!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete