The Mockers are back!

The album's called, "Woke up today. The Definitive Collection" and arrived in stores on June 29.

I remember my first Mockers tape. I used two tape recorders facing each other. My cousin's 'real' Mockers tape was in one, and I had a blank C-90 recording in the other. If you listen really closely, you can hear my Mum talking in the background of some of the tracks.

This is the first time that all of these songs have been available on CD. Give it a lash and see if it brings back memories of your youth. Even better, introduce a kid to the Mockers and see what they reckon. A lot of us are at the age now, that our parents were back then when they were playing us Neil Diamond and Hooked on Classics and telling us that their music was so much better than ours...

1. Woke Up Today
2. Good Old Days
3. Forever Tuesday Morning
4. Cleopatra
5. Swear It’s True
6. Alvison Park
7. After The Rain
8. One Black Friday
9. Another Day
10. Trendy Lefties
11. Murder In Manners St
12. Far From The Maddening Crowd
13. A Winter’s Tale
14. New Day Dawning
15. Seven Years Not Wasted
16. Phone Call At Midnight
17. Sleeping Through My Storm
18. Another Boring Day In The Amazon
19. Shield Yourself

Gareth Curtis from the Mockers came in on June 29 to have a yak about the new album. To listen, click here. (3.21/3.1mb)

No comments:

Post a Comment