iDave

I’ve kind of resisted iPods and itunes in the past. I’ve done this for a couple of reasons.

1: I haven’t had an iPod.

2: Radio is my career. Why should I embrace something which does what I do without me? I’ll just listen to the radio thanks!

Just the other day, an iPod came into our hands. Not a big one but an iPod all the same. I thought hey, that’s the number one reason why I haven’t bothered. Let’s see what it’s all about.

Firstly, I plugged it into my computer and it didn’t do anything. Battery must be flat. Ok, where’s the charger? No charger. Ok. What now? Oh wait, maybe it uses the USB cable. Hmmm. It’s not doing anything... Wait! The computer’s off. Turn it on. Ahhh... I see. Nice.

An hour or so later, it’s charged. Ok. How do I turn it off? Hmmmm.... No off button. I googled. How do I turn my iPod off? Answer: Hold down the play button. Aha! It’s off. Good to know.

What next? I know, the kids CDs do my head in all messy around the place, why don’t I load all theirs onto it? Done. Superb.

Now, I’m loading every single one of our CDs onto itunes. I’m having fun and listening to some old songs I haven’t played in ages. Kids are in bed, Anna’s out with some friends, I’m in heaven!

As for my career, well, I’ll just have to start podcasting...

1 comment:

  1. This is a bit like the Intranet.. Smart, this is what I think:
    #1 - Okay.
    #2 - What it doesn't do is offer a personality to identify oneself or amuse oneself with.. ('oneself' is a term I found in the 1930's thesaurus).
    There are plenty of ppl 'talking' on-air, but very few personalities that make you think 'Ha! This cat is frikkin awesome'!

    Either way, ABC on podcast is the future.

    ReplyDelete