RWC 2011

I’m starting to have some concerns about the Rugby World Cup. Not the players, or the coaching or anything like that. The team's fine. I just worry about Auckland and have a weird feeling that they’re going to let us down.


Auckland seems incapable of making a decision on anything. Where’s the party at? Well, nowhere while you keep sodding about. Forget organising a piss up in a brewery, Auckland doesn’t even know where the brewery is going to be built!


Like it or not, Auckland are our flagship next year, that's a given. They have the population base and the biggest stadium but what if they embarrass us by not being ready for the world? Is Auckland going to be the drunk uncle making a dick of himself at the wedding? Are they going to be the teenager who crashes our nice new car? Is Auckland going to be ‘that guy’ at the work drinks? Are they the incapable Manager? Will our biggest city be responsible for the biggest sporting smeg up?


This isn't an Auckland bashing, I love the city, I lived there for 8 years, I have wonderful friends and family who call it home and I truly hope that I'm wrong and look, as far as we know, everything might be in hand. The people working on it may have it all under control and unbeknownst to us, it's running as smooth as a new tool and we, the mob, just don't know about it. It just doesn't like it from where I'm standing.


I don't mind looking like an idiot by my own doing but I don't want to look like an idiot because someone else couldn't get their end of the business together.



2 comments:

  1. worry not Dave Im an england football fan and believe me the feeling of being let down wears off in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont worry chief.. it aint just you, It looks like it from where im standing too

    ReplyDelete